About Aveda Institute Chapel Hill
Aveda Chapel Hill offers a unique learning environment in cosmetology through hands-on, real-world experience. The Aveda Institute Chapel Hill inspires students to exceed expectations and seek lifelong learning beyond the traditional classroom. Aveda Beauty School in Chapel Hill promotes the belief that education encompasses more than simply learning basic technical
skills. Our cosmetology curriculum is specifically designed to prepare beauty school students for the state licensing examination and allow them to learn the technical, personal and professional skills necessary to work in a salon environment. As one of the premier cosmetology schools in North Carolina we have many students from Durham, Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Fayetteville, High Point and more.
- Become a licensed Cosmetologist in under 12 months.
- Learn specialized techniques to purify, balance and renew the skin in the expanding field of skin
- Gain world-class technical training from the most advanced instructors in the beauty industry.
- Learn the art and science of hair cutting, coloring, styling and makeup.
- Enhance your customer service skills, in both the salon business and personal settings.
- Experience the power of touch in our hands-on spa environment.
- Create the styles and trends of the future while experiencing all that Chapel Hill has to offer.
- located in the "Triangle" area, comprised of Raleigh, Durham, & Chapel Hill.
- Experience the best sports, dining, shopping
and museums in North Carolina.
- Chapel Hill is centrally located between the
Atlantic Ocean and Appalachian Mountains,
about 2.5 hours from each.
- Chapel Hill and Carrboro are known for their
unique art and music scene.
- AICH is located on Chapel Hills famous Franklin Street in the heart of the UNC campus
- Meet students from many of the surrounding
areas including Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Charlotte and more.
From The Blog
The must-have haircut for this Spring is the long bob — or “the lob,” as it has been nicknamed. Cut...
Actress Leslie Mann stepped onto the red carpet at the MTV Movie Awards looking ravishing with waves inspired by a...
My adventure here at Aveda has come to an end. It has been such a fun ride, and I’ve learned...
As a part of our men’s series, we’ll be covering men’s styling and grooming tips on the blog a few...
Aveda for Men: How to Style Long Curly Hair
As a part of our men’s series, we’ll be covering men’s styling and grooming tips on the blog a few times a month. Today, we’re covering the best way to style long and curly hair:
1) Prep your hair for style with Aveda men’s pure-formance shampoo and conditioner – both are great for daily use and will soothe your scalp and give you clean, conditioned healthy hair
1) For long hair, use Aveda men’s pure-formance liquid pomade, which gives a universal finish to longer hair with high shine and natural hold.
2) Emulsify a small amount of the product between your hands.
3) Massage into the hair from roots to ends, as you would a shampoo, to ensure even application.
4) Use a comb to further distribute the product. Comb the hair into the style you want, while the liquid pomade enhances the curl and fights the frizz.
5) Let hair air dry.
1) Use Aveda men’s pure-formance aroma spray with certified organic essential oils of spearmint, vetiver and lavendar. Mist lightly onto body or hair.