About Aveda Institute Chapel Hill
Aveda Chapel Hill offers a unique learning environment in cosmetology through hands-on, real-world experience. The Aveda Institute Chapel Hill inspires students to exceed expectations and seek lifelong learning beyond the traditional classroom. Aveda Beauty School in Chapel Hill promotes the belief that education encompasses more than simply learning basic technical
skills. Our cosmetology curriculum is specifically designed to prepare beauty school students for the state licensing examination and allow them to learn the technical, personal and professional skills necessary to work in a salon environment. As one of the premier cosmetology schools in North Carolina we have many students from Durham, Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Fayetteville, High Point and more.
- Become a licensed Cosmetologist in under 12 months.
- Learn specialized techniques to purify, balance and renew the skin in the expanding field of skin
- Gain world-class technical training from the most advanced instructors in the beauty industry.
- Learn the art and science of hair cutting, coloring, styling and makeup.
- Enhance your customer service skills, in both the salon business and personal settings.
- Experience the power of touch in our hands-on spa environment.
- Create the styles and trends of the future while experiencing all that Chapel Hill has to offer.
- located in the "Triangle" area, comprised of Raleigh, Durham, & Chapel Hill.
- Experience the best sports, dining, shopping
and museums in North Carolina.
- Chapel Hill is centrally located between the
Atlantic Ocean and Appalachian Mountains,
about 2.5 hours from each.
- Chapel Hill and Carrboro are known for their
unique art and music scene.
- AICH is located on the UNC campus.
- Meet students from many of the surrounding
areas including Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Charlotte and more.
Blog, Student Blog
From The Blog
This spring, we want you to get inspired by Aveda’s Rare Bloom Spring 2015 limited-edition collection. Rare Bloom perfectly portrays...
Amongst a crowd of more than 4,000 salon professional luminaries and influencers, Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders accepted the Behind...
International Aveda Pros converged this past weekend in Paris to work backstage at the Haider Ackermann Fall/Winter 2015 showing for...
Two weeks ago we hosted a successful spring career fair for our students at the Aveda Institute Chapel Hill! Salons...
Aveda Institute Chapel Hill Hosts Spring Career Fair
Two weeks ago we hosted a successful spring career fair for our students at the Aveda Institute Chapel Hill! Salons and spas from across the region came to interview and discuss possible job opportunities with our amazing students after graduation! We’re excited to share one of our student’s perspectives with you:
“On March 18th I attended a Career Fair at the Aveda Institute of Chapel Hill. While I was there I was able to meet many different salons and salon owners. As a student I feel it is important to talk to people who have been in your shoes before. When I was talking to a young stylist from one of the salons, she was telling me about how much I might learn at her salon.
She told me that her first few days she thought that everyone was doing everything wrong because it wasn’t how she was taught in school. She never realized how many ways there were to do the same thing.
Not only was I able to talk to them about how much more I would learn once I was out of school, we also talked about finding the right salon for you. I was told it is important for you to be a good fit for the salon but also for the salon to be a good fit for you.
I never really thought about that before but I’m glad it was mentioned. I am very thankful to the Aveda Institute Chapel Hill for putting on the Career Fair for us. Being able to talk to so many different people was such an eye opening experience. I can’t wait until the next Career Fair that we have!”
– Erin Fogarty, Advanced Cosmetology, Bergamot Class