About Aveda Institute Chapel Hill
Aveda Chapel Hill offers a unique learning environment in cosmetology through hands-on, real-world experience. The Aveda Institute Chapel Hill inspires students to exceed expectations and seek lifelong learning beyond the traditional classroom. Aveda Beauty School in Chapel Hill promotes the belief that education encompasses more than simply learning basic technical
skills. Our cosmetology curriculum is specifically designed to prepare beauty school students for the state licensing examination and allow them to learn the technical, personal and professional skills necessary to work in a salon environment. As one of the premier cosmetology schools in North Carolina we have many students from Durham, Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Fayetteville, High Point and more.
- Become a licensed Cosmetologist in under 12 months.
- Learn specialized techniques to purify, balance and renew the skin in the expanding field of skin
- Gain world-class technical training from the most advanced instructors in the beauty industry.
- Learn the art and science of hair cutting, coloring, styling and makeup.
- Enhance your customer service skills, in both the salon business and personal settings.
- Experience the power of touch in our hands-on spa environment.
- Create the styles and trends of the future while experiencing all that Chapel Hill has to offer.
- located in the "Triangle" area, comprised of Raleigh, Durham, & Chapel Hill.
- Experience the best sports, dining, shopping
and museums in North Carolina.
- Chapel Hill is centrally located between the
Atlantic Ocean and Appalachian Mountains,
about 2.5 hours from each.
- Chapel Hill and Carrboro are known for their
unique art and music scene.
- AICH is located on the UNC campus.
- Meet students from many of the surrounding
areas including Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Charlotte and more.
From The Blog
During the week you fly around like a hard working machine. You rock the fast paced lifestyle, but every now and...
Aveda Men’s styling products took the stage to shine at the first-ever Spring 2016 Men’s Fashion Week in New York...
Curly hair has a reputation for being one of the hardest hair types to manage and style. It’s drier, affected...
On Sunday night, more than 3,000 hair care professionals descended on Las Vegas for the 26th Annual North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHAs). NAHA is the...
Aveda Leaves Vegas with 4 North American Hairstyling Awards
On Sunday night, more than 3,000 hair care professionals descended on Las Vegas for the 26th Annual North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHAs). NAHA is the leading hairstyling and beauty competition in North America where beauty professionals join together to celebrate and present their craft while honoring their peers.
We are thrilled to share that three Aveda professionals won four of the NAHA awards on Sunday night: Student Hairstylist of the Year, the People’s Choice Award, Contemporary Classic Award, and Hairstylist of The Year!
Aveda Global Artistic Director Antoinette Beenders gave the award for Student Hairstylist of the Year to Dustin Villa from the Aveda Institute Tucson. Dallan Flint of Boeau Belle Salon & Spa in Irving, Texas won the People’s Choice Award, and Aveda editorial artist Robert Grimes of Austin, Texas won the Contemporary Classic Award. He was also named the 2015 Hairstylist of the Year.
During the awards show, Beenders also put on a riveting show inspired by Joan of Arc. In keeping with the Aveda mission, all clothing featured was made from organic cotton and black straws used were made from recycled plastic. Beenders was assisted by three members of the Aveda Global Artistic team: Allen Ruiz, Janell Geason and Ian Michael Black.