We are totally digging the lush and beautiful curls seen below on Meron, from our Rare Bloom Spring 2015 collection!
These lush and springy curls are vibrant and perfectly styled to highlight the hair’s texture and gorgeous color. Always a big fan of curls, Aveda Global Artistic Director for Textured Hair , Tippi Shorter, created the look by using the peculiar shape of sunflowers and their movement in the wind as inspiration.
“Spring is when people start letting their hair texture fly,” Shorter says. “These curls do just that; they’re light, airy, touchable and soft.”
Here’s how to get the look:
1) Divide your hair into 3 sections (back and sides). Beginning in the back section, take a 1” square subsection, and clip the remaining hair aside.
2) Prep damp hair by emulsifying 1 pump of Be Curly Style-Prep in your hands and running them through the subsection. Brush through with an Aveda Wooden Paddle Brush.
3) Style by emulsifying a pea-size amount of Brilliant Humectant Pomade in your hands and spread it on the same subsection.
4) Divide the subsection into 2 strands, and twist them together in the desired direction from roots to ends using firm tension. Repeat until all the hair is set.
5) Using your blow dryer on high heat, to fully dry.
6) Finish by massaging 4-6 drops Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil into your hair. Untwist hair and gently separate with your fingers or the tail of a tail comb to build maximum volume.