Is your hair curly, but slightly frizzy every day? Today, we’re focusing our spotlight on Aveda’s smooth infusion collection, a 4 step smoothing system that smooths, softens and defends hair against humidity for up to 12 hours.
Our smooth infusion collection is perfect for achieving smooth and sleek curls on naturally curly or wavy hair. Here, we’ll outline the products and the styling techniques you need to get soft, smooth curls with your wavy hair:
1) Begin by cleansing hair with Aveda smooth infusion shampoo and conditioning with Aveda smooth infusion conditioner to smooth and soften hair up to 60%. The exclusive plant infusion derived from organic aloe, maize and guar bean will moisturize and reduce frizz in your hair, plus protect against any surface damage from the heat styling we will perform.
2) Prep hair for styling with Aveda smooth infusion style-prep smoother to help smooth and protect from heat styling and humidity. For longer, courser hair, use 3-4 pumps of style-prep smoother. Apply evenly throughout your hair.
3) To style hair, section hair into a front and back section for best results. Emulsify Aveda glossing straightener in your hands. Begin with the back section where hair is thicker, applying glossing straightener from roots to ends. For finer hair, you may only need to apply it from mid-length to ends. Then, take a small amount of glossing straightener and run through the front section of hair. Comb through hair to make sure product is distributed evenly.
4) Next, separate your hair into 5 sections, clipping each section up as you go. This should result in a top section, 2 side sections and 2 back sections. You will then be able to style hair easily section by section.
5) Put a nozzle attachment on your high-powered blow dryer. Make sure it is set to high heat and high speed.
6) Start at the nape of the neck, smoothing hair with an Aveda jumbo round brush. The air flow should blow down at the brush as you pull your hair downwards. Each time you finish drying a section, pin the hair to the head to hold the curl in place. Repeat this process on each section of the head until all of your hair is dry and pinned up.
7) To finish, spray hair with Aveda air control hair spray while it is pinned up to add flexible hold.
8) Take out the clips and run your fingers through your hair to arrange the curls the way you want them.
Check out this amazing video from Aveda which outlines the products and process completely from start to finish: