About Aveda Institute Chapel Hill
Aveda Chapel Hill offers a unique learning environment in cosmetology through hands-on, real-world experience. The Aveda Institute Chapel Hill inspires students to exceed expectations and seek lifelong learning beyond the traditional classroom. Aveda Beauty School in Chapel Hill promotes the belief that education encompasses more than simply learning basic technical
skills. Our cosmetology curriculum is specifically designed to prepare beauty school students for the state licensing examination and allow them to learn the technical, personal and professional skills necessary to work in a salon environment. As one of the premier cosmetology schools in North Carolina we have many students from Durham, Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Fayetteville, High Point and more.
- Become a licensed Cosmetologist in under 12 months.
- Learn specialized techniques to purify, balance and renew the skin in the expanding field of skin
- Gain world-class technical training from the most advanced instructors in the beauty industry.
- Learn the art and science of hair cutting, coloring, styling and makeup.
- Enhance your customer service skills, in both the salon business and personal settings.
- Experience the power of touch in our hands-on spa environment.
- Create the styles and trends of the future while experiencing all that Chapel Hill has to offer.
- located in the "Triangle" area, comprised of Raleigh, Durham, & Chapel Hill.
- Experience the best sports, dining, shopping
and museums in North Carolina.
- Chapel Hill is centrally located between the
Atlantic Ocean and Appalachian Mountains,
about 2.5 hours from each.
- Chapel Hill and Carrboro are known for their
unique art and music scene.
- AICH is located on the UNC campus.
- Meet students from many of the surrounding
areas including Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Charlotte and more.
From The Blog
At the 8th Annual Supima Design Competition fashion show during Paris Fashion Week, the cotton brand showed off looks from students...
This past month at NY Fashion Week, Aveda Global Artistic Director for Textured Hair, Tippi Shorter, kept things playfully stylish and...
This past Labor Day weekend, our sister institute, the Aveda Institute Columbus, had the incredible opportunity to participate in the...
These past few weeks Instagram has been abuzz with the hashtag, #multimasking, declaring it to be the latest and hottest beauty trend....
Aveda New Trend Report: Multimasking
These past few weeks Instagram has been abuzz with the hashtag, #multimasking, declaring it to be the latest and hottest beauty trend. While the skincare practice is just beginning to take flight on social media, most estheticians have been performing multimasking on clients just like you for years.
The idea behind multimasking is that using several different mask treatments on your skin at the same time can help you create a customized skin remedy, almost exactly like what an esthetician does for you during a facial. Always getting breakouts around your nose? Apply charcoal or clay in that area. Dry patches of skin? Use a hydrating mask or cream in those spots.
Aveda’s Manager of Professional Spa Education and Global Educator, Helga Hefner, explains the science behind the multimasking phenomenon: “Multimasking is about applying facial masques to separate areas of the face for optimal results in beautiful skin. For example, our t-zones may be oily, while the cheeks dry, so it’s important to use the right masque for the job of combatting each skin ailment. The skin on our faces can be quite different in various areas so it’s imperative it’s cared for properly.”
We love this handy chart created by Aveda to show you the best way to use Aveda masks for the #multimasking trend: