Earth Month is here and that means that Aveda Institute Chapel Hill is buzzing with activity. Join us for one of our events listed below!
Aveda’s 2015 Earth Month campaign will inspire its network of beauty professionals and consumers in more than 30 countries to raise $5 million for the protection of clean water — a basic human right that nearly 900 million people worldwide fight for daily. In support of achieving this goal, the school of cosmetology and skin care, during the months of March, April and May, hopes to raise $20,000 in donations to benefit its Earth Month partner, The Water Institute at UNC, through a variety of student-focused activities.
EARTH MONTH 2015 PARTNER
This years Earth Month partner is The Water Institute at UNC. The vision of the Water Institute at UNC is to bring together individuals and institutions from diverse disciplines and sectors and empower them to work together to solve the most critical global issues in water and health.
The work of the Water Institute is driven by five core principles:
- Focus on the interfaces between water, health and development
- Build sustained, effective partnerships between diverse disciplines and multiple sectors: government, industry, civil society and academia
- Pursue excellence by attracting and partnering with the best and most committed organizations and individuals
- Provide academic leadership and focusing on issues of major importance to global public health, both present and future, from policy through management to practice
- Work from local to global levels, and from source to tap, since water issues are interdependent at all levels.
FASHION NIGHT BENEFIT MAY 5TH
The Aveda Institute Chapel Hill Student/Educator Team under the artistic direction of Hauns Korpela of Scott J Salon, NY, NY, will sponsor a Fashion Night Benefit Tuesday, April 15 at the University of North Carolina William & Ida Friday Center for Continuing Education, 100 Friday Center Drive. Institute students and Korpela will present a runway show that will showcase the theme of “Artistry” in various forms. General admission and VIP tickets are available for the annual event.
JEANS FOR GREEN
For a $5 donation, Institute students and staff wear jeans during March, April, and May to raise funds for our Earth Month partner. Guests may also purchase a variety of Earth Month items, including a Light the Way candle. All donations benefit The Water Institute at UNC.
TIP FOR A CAUSE
Donations in lieu of tips for services at the Aveda Institute Chapel Hill will be accepted in any amount to benefit our Earth Month partner.